Oh how full my heart is as I write today!  I don't think I have been so happy in my life.  I have reflected on 'what if I didn't serve a mission', and that thought simply breaks my heart!  The more time I am a missionary, the more I realize how the Lord has prepared me for this.  I have seen my spiritual gifts develop so much, I have built wonderful relationships with the people in my zone, and I worked harder than ever before.  This past Sunday I had the opportunity to watch the video of David A. Bednar's "Character of Christ" devotional at the MTC on Christmas of 2011.  That talk changed my life.  I have tried finding it online with my limited resources at the MTC, but it is no where to be found!  (your job: find that talk, read it, and send it to me to re-read!) Literally, that talk teaches about how to simply forget about yourself, turn outward to others, and live as Christ did.  I have made a big effort to follow these teachings this week.  And sure enough, I have found myself more uplifted, happier, and at peace.  If we but take the time to see the others around us for who they really are, what they really need, and how we can assist them, then you will go straight to heaven!  Jokelang (just joking)!  But seriously, that is the point of our mortal lives, to live as Christ did and return with Him after this life!  Ahhhh I just love Jesus ok.
 
Secondly, Happy Fathers Day!  I hope all my brothers-in-law enjoy this great holiday of watching your wives and munchkins do stuff for you.  To my father, thank you for e v e r y t h i n g.  You are they best!  You are an amazing example in my life and I look up to you more than you know.  Expect an AWESOME letter on Monday (sorry I sent it yesterday...)
 
WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY DARREN PETER JARDINE!  I am a little disappointed you weren't named after me, pero, oklang.  I love you so much already and your mommy is sure a trooper for birthing you naturally!  Congrats Jardine family, the pictures of him are beautiful!  Can't wait to meet him when he a toddler... Psych!  Love you already Darr Bear.
 
This week we went to the stinkin Marriot Center at BYU for devotional!  Yep, all 2500 missionaries crossed the street at University Parkway... what a sight.  It was kinda embarrassing.  Nakakahiya!  lol Perrrrro, it was cool!  I am getting real pumped for the prophet to come!  Gahhhh!  Missionaries are the best! 
 
Tagalog is coming along.  I am so grateful that I am really catching onto the language.  My only problem is memorizing and remembering it... hahaha Tagolog is such a mutt language.  It is Tagolog, English, and Spanish all mixed together.  It is so weird.  But I love it!  My brain is pretty fried, but I've gotta just keep chugging along. 
 
My companions are awesome.  So get this, this week I took Sister Mafi to her dentist appointment again.  The doctor called us in and right as we are about to walk through the doorway, the power goes out!  Creepy sign right?  It was bizarre.  So we waited.  And waited.  Then we decided to leave the dark room and go sit in the hallway by the window to read.  Then this woman came and was talking to us and said, "No need to fear, the sister missionaries are here!"  I laughed but didn't really care about the power and didn't think too much to pray or anything.  Then a little bit later the power came back on!  But little did I know Sister Mafi tapped me and said, "I hadn't even finished my prayer and the power came back on..."  Our jaws dropped and we started laughing.  WHY IS SHE SO AWESOME?!  Like hello!  My kasama is a Tongan Spiritual Giant!  Love her to death.
 
I am not gonna lie, being ina trio for companions is hard.  Trying to balance all of our personalities and desires is hard.  But we have been working hard to find unity!  We are improving all the time.
 
I am seriously so sad that three districts are leaving me.  I am grown so close to them.  I don't know why, but the Philippine districts are the coolest, funniest, most spiritual, and greatest districts around.  I LOVE THEM ALL! 
 
Keep using Dear Elder, it is simply the greatest when I see a letter or Dear Elder sitting on my desk!  Mahal ko kayo at ingat po!
 
Sister Waldrom
Mosiah 7:33
 




Mosiah 7:33