Saturday, June 1, 2013

OH HOW I LOVE YOU ALL!

Email overload... I think I had like 25 emails in my inbox!  Way to go!! I love seeing whats going on in the outside world of the MTC.  And I will try to email back as best I can cause I only have 60 minutes on the computer, which may sound like a lot, but you'd be surprised by how long this process takes. 

 Ali, I forgot you are in Africa... What?  How are your gorilla friends?!  Print out pics and send them to me so I can admire them for hours. LOL

 I saw MarkyMark Mckellar like 30 mins after he arrived! And a few times since. EVERYONE!  Send him some love.  I think it he is just a little homesick, heck, he graduated 6 days before he came here!  I couldn't even do that!  Love that kid.

 I met a kid from Phoenix... we were both so surprised!  He is going to Madagascar and he was way cool.  He went to Moon Valley but I thought that was way cool to meet a fellow Phoenician. 

 This week has been pretty great.  Not gonna lie, there have been multiple frustrating moments, but I find myself grateful for them.  They teach me how to move over the bumps in the road and how to react in the most Christlike way.  The language is a struggle.  It just doesn't make sense sometimes.  Why would any founding fathers force a society to memorize tons of root words for each verb conjugation cause you definitely are not allowed to mix them up!  Dumb!  But I love Tagalog. It is a beautiful and amazing language.  It requires a lot of patience though because I just want to be fluent already. 

My word of the day for you all: nakakapagakabagabag- disturbing..........
Why are tagalog words so long and confusing?  I have no idea. But I kinda love it. 

Devotionals.  They are amazing.  Sunday we had an amazing talk from Stephen B. Allen from the missionary department.  It is simply amazing how inspired our leaders are.  He comforted me in so many ways and answered so many of my prayers and questions.  But I loved Tuesday's devotional even more.  We had W. Craig Zwick from the quorum of the 70 come speak.  Oh my goodness.  It was so amazing.  He spoke on Christlike attributes which is what I have been studying in Preach My Gospel.  His lesson on becoming more christlike:
1. Start with the end in mind
2. strong desire and commitment
3. willingness and discipline to work hard
4. prepare for challenges
5. structural and spiritual integrity
6. total dedication to the lord

If we can follow these steps in living a Christlike life, then you will surely live an admirable life.  I encourage everyone reading this to go read chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel.  And look for an attribute that you would like to become more of.  I am working on diligence. I love this amazing quote which is what I am currently working on.

“I have often said one of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work! If a missionary works, he will get the Spirit; if he gets the Spirit, he will teach by the Spirit; and if he teaches by the Spirit, he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy. There will be no homesickness, no worrying about families, for all time and talents and interests are centered on the work of the ministry. Work, work, work—there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work.”–President Ezra Taft Benson
Also some another cool lesson on why we should not get discouraged.  Courage means heart spirit.  Dis means God of the Underworld.  So moral of the story, dont give your courage to the adversary!  Never be discouraged, God is always on your side!   

Ok but really, theMTC is great.  I am learning so much on how to be a missionary of God.  I am not doing this for anyone but the Lord and His children who he has prepared to hear His word.  It is amazing to think that God is preparing people in San Pablo RIGHT NOW for me to teach.  I already love them so much.  They are getting ready to hear the best message they will ever receive.  That message is that there is a Heavenly Father who loves you.  He has a plan and a purpose for you.  He has a gospel that has been restored on this Earth.  I may not be the best teacher, but I am working ever so diligently to be one. 

I love you all and am praying for you!  All is well here, and I hope you all have a great weekend! 

Sister Waldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment