Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Passion

Passion is a very important attribute to me.  I even dedicated my graduation speech to the topic.  I think it is so incredibly important to find passion in life because it gives a person drive, desire, and happiness. I believe it is possible to have many passions.  I have a passion for the outdoors.  I have a passion for the Phoenix Suns.  I have a passion for Special Education.  I have a passion for forever families.  I am so so passionate about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I am so passionate about the Gospel because I know for myself it is true, it brings me peace and happiness, and it is the gospel that our Savior, Jesus Christ, would have us follow.  I have also become passionate for missionary work.  I admit, I have not always been because before the age of 19, a mission was not always in my plans.  But oh how I have become an advocate of it.  I am passionate to go where the Lord wants me to go and I am passionate to be sure I teach every possible person who needs and wants to hear the message of the restored gospel.  With out this drive and passion, I know my journey of serving a mission across seas would be difficult and inevitably a failure.  And I think this quote applies to my tangent here, this was put in the newspaper after my graduation speech: "The pursuit of a worth passion that enables one to serve and lift others will make life more enjoyable and worthwhile."


No comments:

Post a Comment