Sunday, November 10, 2013

Praying for the 'Pines


Ok, after reading all of your kind updates on this typhoon here.... WHAT.  Since I have no connection to any current news, thanks for the info.  I was obviously aware how serious it was because we weren't allowed to work on Thursday or Friday but it was just intense rain here.  I have
previously worked in the storms that we experienced here.  So, didn't seem too bad.  Wow.  My heart truly aches for the people who were affected.  I am so thankful that we were not harmed and our members and investigators are all ok.  Please keep these wonderful people in the Philippines in your prayers.  What kills me most is to imagine how many homes were washed away as well as all the deaths.  Counting my blessings for our safety. 
Well, with better news, Leiden and Irvine Tajan were baptized on Saturday!  So happy for their completed family!  It was a great service.  The water in the font was a lovely shade of dark brown, but it works.  The elders in the other ward also had two baptisms at the same time... awkward.  So we combined the baptisms and there were so many members there!  It was tender to see them bear their testimonies after.  Proud to see they truly do understand the Gospel.  Another awkward thing, Irvine didn't come to church on Sunday and so only Leiden was confirmed...  that will happen next week.... It was also the Primary program on Sunday and Leiden was in it.  I felt like her Mother because I just sat in the congregation so proud of her. Love them. 
This week was a little rough with no lessons because of the typhoon and baptisms.  But I think all of our investigators are doing ok.
I sure loved having extra study time.  Ohhhh yesssss.  Reading conference talks and the scriptures galore.  So much happiness.  Especially while listening to rain.  Mmmm. 
Also, thought I should inform you about all my other roommates.  I live with about 3 mice, 7 lizards, 30 cockroaches, 100 spiders, 800 worms, and 2000 ants.  Yes, I hate them all.  And Permatox (bug killer spray) is my best friend. 
Really other than that, I am pumped to be starting a new transfer and having a fresh start.  Still chugging along here.  Following the spirit.  Teaching the doctrine.  Loving life as a missionary.
Please keep the Philippines in your prayers.  Thank you again for all your concern and prayers in my behalf, but please direct those prayers to those who really need it down South.  Mahal ko kayo lahat at ingat kayo!  Gusto ko ang ebanhelyo at nagpapasalamat ako para sa lahat mga panalangin mula sa inyo.
Love,
Sister Waldrom
2 Nephi 29:8-10





No comments:

Post a Comment