Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Camper



Maligayang Araw ng mga Patay!  (Happy All Souls Day) We had some early curfews this week because of this greatly celebrated holiday.  Kinda fun to have some extra study time!  They get pretty intense about celebrating here!  They all go to the cemetaries and celebrate the dead.  I think its a sweet holiday.

Today was Zone P-day.  So fun.  We went hiking to a mud spring.  It very well could have been the most I have ever sweat.  Yep.  And I am glad I wore my crocs cause the mud was cray cray.  But so rad to be in the beauty of the pines!  Wish you could all see this promised land.  I also love getting to talk with all the other missionaries and share experiences and life stories.  It's a good time. 

We had our first baptismal interview... and they are getting baptized this Saturday!  So happy and excited for Leiden and Irvine Tajan.  They are the greatest kiddos.  Their family will now be complete.  It is amazing to see people come back to their loving Heavenly Father as a complete family.  We teach them the doctrines really simply and this week we will really be focusing on how they can stay active.  I have faith in them!

Our strong investigator M is kinda struggling to follow what she knows is true.  She keeps coming back to her concerns of her family being Catholic and her being the only Mormon.  We are working to strengthen her testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith so she can be solid in that knowledge and desire to make those changes in her life to follow what God would have her do.

Ok I really want to talk about HOW MUCH I HAVE LEARNED.  I think my mind has expanded like 3847 times.  I just feel like I now understand the importance of an eternal perspective.  We have the Gospel in our lives to live it the way the Lord intends us to.  If we really do the simple sunday school answers (daily prayer, study the scriptures, and go to church every sunday) our lives will be more greatly filled with happiness and you will feel God's love more abundantly in your life!  It is so simple and clear to me now as I see people apply these things in their lives and those changes and blessings come to them. 

Mahal kita,
Sister Waldrom
Doctrine and Covenants 64:34


No comments:

Post a Comment