Monday, January 13, 2014

nuts.

what. a. week.  So where to begin.  Tuesday I had a freak attack of baby spiders in my bag.  They were all over me.  We returned home immediately to exterminate them all.  Yes.  It was bizarre.  Then also on Tuesday, Sister Teaotai and Sister Hellewell returned from the Missionary Recovery Center, which was a very quick return that surprised me.  They came back in no better condition.  Sister Teaotai was in even worse condition.  She cant really work, let alone walk, so on Thursday the decision was made she needed to head home to heal.  We had a pretty touching cry sesh together.  I am so sad to see her go.  Sister Teaotai has blessed my life so much; she has taught me how to be Christlike.  It is amazing, her instincts are to do everything Christ would do.  She has a heart full of gold.  I already miss her so much.


Our Recent Convert, Michael, is doing awesome.  He is just loving being apart of the ward and young men's program and doing really well.  Vina is simply amazing.  So we went to visit her on Friday and the first thing she did was told us about her experience the night before.  She stayed up really late with a couple of friends and they were having discussions about life, god, family, the future.  They were sitting outside and while they were talking about religion they saw a huge shooting star with a lot of different colors.  They said it was beautiful; and right after Vina said thanks to God for his beautiful creation.  Then right afterwards they heard a big thunder.  Crazy thing was that the night was perfectly clear with no sign of rain.  But Sister Vina said she knew that God was listening to them!  She said it was a huge testimony builder that she knows God is closer than we think and He listens to us and loves us.  It lead us perfectly into his Nature and how he has given us the gift of repentance.  Awesome lesson with her.  SO excited for her and her daughter to be baptized.  :)))))  The Sasuya Family, ok they are perfect!!!!  Our lessons are a little bit more focused on their daughter because she has missed some of them and Brother and Sister are helping us teach her!  Ah it is so cool to see how their knowledge has grown and how they desire to help their daughter know too.  I love that family and wish with all my heart that I could be here for their family sealing but I know I will be long gone by then... :(


So President asked me to accompany Sister Teaotai back to Manila and was I so excited?  Yesssss. I honestly didn't know what I was going to be doing there.  But when we first got to the Missionary Recovery Center, I felt like I was in straight America!!!  And from the window there I could see the temple.  Ahhhhh.  6 months since I have been to the temple and boy it was a treat just to even see the outside!  It is a gorgeous temple.  The first thing we did was had a delicious lunch, then the senior couple there took us to the American Cemetery commemorating the WWII veterans.  It was made by the US government, and was a beautiful dedication.  Felt like I was in DC again.  Then guess where we went after that?!  THE TEMPLE. Oh man.  I was secretly hoping that I would get to go.... and God answered my prayer!!!  Man, I learned so much this session.  I think especially because my knowledge of the Gospel has just grown so much.  It was an amazing experience.   While in the Celestial room I felt prompted to share Philippians 4:13 with her and it was such a sweet moment for us.  I am so happy we got to end our companionship in the Temple.


Sunday we went to church in Quezon City and then President and Sister Peterson picked me up that afternoon.  I was so sad to say bye to Sister Teaotai.  But it was a great 2 hour drive with President.  Loved every second.  They got our Family Christmas card and they agreed about the resemblance between them and my own parents. hahaha and I cannot believe how big my picture is on the Christmas card!!!  You are too kind. Sure didnt feel forgotten. ;) 


Even though MRC was like staying in a resort for a weekend, I realized I can survive without fluffy towels, delicious food for every meal, washing machines, and air conditioning.  But the one thing I realized I miss most, is HOT SHOWERS.  OH MY GOODNESS.  What heaven.  You actually feel clean after!  And they are so relaxing.  I was only at MRC for 24 hours but I took advantage of the showers.  Before bed.  Then when I woke up, I thought, do I need a shower?  Not really.  Do I want to shower?  Oh yes.  Did I shower until the point where my feet were bright red and my fingers were almost pruny?  Yessssss.  It was glorious.  All you people at home, don't take hot water for granted.  I sure miss em.


Well, this week I will be in a trio with 2 Americans, Sister Williams and Sister Hellewell who was my MTC companion.  She is also heading home this week too because she isn't doing any better.  I am pretty crushed to see two of my companions head home early.  But I am so happy to be able to spend Sister Hellewell's last days with her!  Other than that, I am pretty excited to be able to be working normally again.  I miss normal missionary life. hahaha


I love and miss you all.  Read your scriptures everyday.  Can I just say that not only do I love the scriptures, I love myyyy scriptures.  That set of scriptures has been through everything with me.  The hard times, the good times, been there for every spiritual experience I ever had, and teaches me daily.  Sure don't know what I would do if something happened to them.  K, ingat lagi!

Love,
Sister Waldrom
Philippians 4:13





No comments:

Post a Comment