Monday, December 2, 2013

Holiness in everyday

I sometimes can't comprehend the trust the Lord has in the missionaries to just roam around a foreign country, teach in random homes, live on our own, and expects us to teach the gospel.  Sometimes when I think of it I am like, whaaaaaaaa.  But it is so true that God prepares those He calls.  So this week has presented it's new set of challenges.  I love my companion.  But I am not sure I am figuring out quite what the Lord would have me do to serve and help her.  She received a blessing from President this week which was really good for her to learn how to trust in the Lord. 
Let's take a moment and let me just tell you how much my mission has taught me.  I have learned how I can use the strengthening and enabling power of the atonement.  I have seen myself progress, not because I have done anything on my part, but because of faith in Christ, He has enabled me to be an instrument in His hands.  For example, the Sasuya family.  They came to church again this week!!  And they accepted baptism!!!!  (Date to be determined because Lyn's sister wants to come from Canada) But really.  God has given me golden investigators here.  He has allowed me to follow His direction and help them understand the importance of the gospel in their lives.  They also have been blessed by the atonement to feel the spirit and understand the truth.  Ahhh God is so good and loves us soo much. 
Today we visited the largest Catholic church in all of Asia.  Yes, it was huge and yes this is basically the only christian country in Asia.  It was cool to say the least and made me reallllly want to go to Europe.  Well.  Life is always hard but always good. I love you all. 
Love,
Sister Waldrom
2 Corinthians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment