Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blessings in the Lord

Every week I am so thrilled to write you about my experiences here.
This week was sure a sweet one.  Vina and YanYan were baptized.  That
baptism was so so so so powerful.  Vina shared her pivotal experiences
in her testimony that helped her gain the strong faith that she has.
She has great faith, truly understands the power of repentance, and is
a great mother and example to her daughter.  The baptism was greatly
attended, just like the Sasuya's. :)  And Vina's sister put together a
small choir and they were straight amazing.  I was crying from the
strong spirit in the room.  Being a missionary and seeing your
investigators being baptized is the sweetest feeling ever.  And when
they specifically thank you for the things you have taught them and
the ways you have assisted in their conversion process.. is a feeling
like I have never experienced.  I just feel like all the work I do,
all the not so great days, all the rejections, the lack of sleep,
stress, and whatever possibly lame feeling you can feel on the mission
is all worth it!  These people have entered into the gate of the
straight and narrow path and that is all that matters!  There are two
new members of the true!  What a glorious day it is.
There were many tears shed in that baptism and all I can say is I just
love Vina and YanYan. :)

Before the baptism we got to work with the Youth in the ward.  Their
leaders wanted them to experience missionary life.  Sadly we only
taught one lesson with them. We taught one of our investigators
and talked about scripture study and then had each of them share their
favorite scripture and how it has helped them in their life.  It was a
great experience. I was so happy when Bishop pulled me aside and
told me that a less active we have been visiting was just interviewed
and wants to go on a mission and that we should start working with
her!  I am so happy for her and so pumped to work with her!!!
Kenneth, our 16 year old investigator.  He had a reading assignment
of 1 Nephi 4-8 and he gave us the most detailed summary without 
looking at his scrips and I was thoroughly impressed.
He will definitely be baptized next week.  And the ward is awesome at
fellowshipping him.  :)))))

The Sasuya's are perfect.  Jazlyn just got her results that she still
has cancer... They are so strong and rely so greatly on the Lord and
the gospel for strength.  I seriously could leave happy right now with
the people I have met and the work that has been accomplished in this
area.  Why are people so great?

I just wanted to share a couple lessons I have learned here.
Filipinos don't judge people.  They all live in such different
circumstances, whether they have nice homes or a shack, it doesn't
phase anyone.  They just accept each other.  When I meet people on a
Jeepney, you would seriously have no idea where they are from because
they all are so humble and don't outshine each other.  I want to
take that attitude home with me, I don't care what you have, where you
come from, but I care about how you are as a person (cheesy and
cliche) and accept you for all that you have to offer!  Working on
that, which is harder than it may sound.

Also, I just can't wait to come home and be a stinkin consecrated
member of the church!  I wanna magnify my calling, fellowship
everyone, and work with the missionaries!  I know you can all do it!
Also have been reading the stories of the sons of Mosiah in the scrips
and dang they are such awesome missionaries.  I wanna be like them.  I
recommend that you read about them.

Well, I have a cold again right now, any advice?  We had to take
new passport photos for a reason I don't know why, mom don't freak out,
but I think it is all good... So life is awesome and I feel so blessed
to be here.  I love you all and appreciate your support always.
Seriously love your letters, so keep em coming!!!!!

Mahal kita,
Sister Waldrom
Alma 26:35-37




No comments:

Post a Comment