Monday, September 1, 2014

Stress.....


I don’t think I have felt this much stress in a long time!  We have a mission tour this week, Elder Bowen from the area presidency is coming to visit us!  There with be 2 conferences and each will have about half of the mission.  We were also supposed to have a zone conference this month, my last one before I go home!  But little did we know, they are combining the zone con into the mission tour so I have to give my final testimony (kinda the last hoorah in the mission) this week!  I just found out!  I am not emotionally ready to say goodbye when I still have 2.5 months left in the mission!  Total lame sauce.  Then on top of that, they have asked me and Sister Wilson and some other sisters to give the musical number. I am trying to gather my thoughts so I can still make this a wonderful teaching opportunity of how my testimony has grown to where it is.  As I was pondering in my personal study the other day, I was thinking of one of my favorite counsels of President Peterson.  He taught about how we need to become more "one" with God.  Christ always prayed to be more one with the Father and that is something I seek always.  So I decided to look up "one" in the topical guide, and after doing some chasing in the scrips, I found the most wonderful verse that I think helps describe my feelings of my testimony.  It is found in Galations 2:20:  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I love this verse.  Paul describes so well what perspective we need to have in life and the importance of "becoming" like the Savior.  I hope I can present this scripture well with the spirit so that my fellow missionaries can understand how the mission has changed me too.  

Ok the M family...  They all came to church.  They are all reading the Book of Mormon, even the 9 year old (in the Book of Mormon Stories book).  And Sister bought two new skirts to wear to church and they are just so thrilled every time we come over and we caught brother reading when we showed up on their doorstep.  And they committed to live the word of wisdom,  and they love the fact that we have a modern day prophet!  and everything is just going amazing!  I love them and thank you for all your prayers in their behalf.  

I am so grateful that I was not transferred! Well of course for the M's, but also because Sister Wilson and I have made some awesome goals!  I have never had a companion for three transfers and we decided at this point in the mission and with this chance of being companions for so long, we are going to make our teaching perfect!  We want to teach with true power and authority and help everyone get baptized!  We are pumped, have caught the fire, and have a bounce in our step!  LET'S DO THIS!  

This week was a little rougher.  Punted quite a bit, but we are managing.  Rain was heavy this week, even got some rashy stuff on my leg, then when I washed it, it was fine.  Nasty rain.  Grrrr.  The work is hard here, but I am loving it.  

Also our less active that we have been visiting, Brother L, He has come to church 4 times in a row and even showed up in a white shirt yesterday!  WOOOOO!  He is officially active again!  Hollachyagurl.  

Ok well sorry there is not a whole lot for me to update you on.  But know that all is well here and that I am feeling your prayers.  Thank you!  I really do love each of you so much.  Remember, "Faith is the antidote for fear" and God will never let you down.  I know that with all my heart.  I love you!

Walang takot, kundi sa Diyos,
Sister Waldrom
Galations 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment